We are delighted to announce our new relationship with the Charity African Revival and our #just£2 campaign.
To date we have raised: £488.41 for African Revival. Help us to meet our goal of raising £20,000.
As we launch our new website for The Writing Coach, our founder Jacqui Lofthouse believes it is vital that our expanding business is run in such a way that it will benefit not only those of us who are privileged in our literacy, but also those in the developing world for whom literacy is not a given. In the developing world, education and literacy are key to long-term progress and we want to ensure that the Writing Coach community plays a role in supporting initiatives that pursue the goal of widespread literacy and education.
We aim to raise £20,000 for African Revival over two years, enough to build a two classroom block and storeroom, and to provide pupils with clean water in Africa.
Please contribute to our “Just £2″ campaign and donate today. If every visitor to this site gave just £2 we would reach our target within a few short months. If you would like to support the campaign, please link to this page via Twitter or Facebook using the #just£2 hash tag.
Fundraising Update: £488.41 raised since 31st March 2011
How you can help:
- Visit our Writing Coach Justgiving page and make a donation. Please give whatever you can afford. Just £2 makes a difference.
- Buy our ebook Get Black on White. 10% of the cover price goes directly to African Revival
- Join our community The Completion Club. £2.50 from each monthly membership payment goes directly to African Revival. The regular support is ideal for the charity.
- Tweet this page or link to this page on Facebook and use the #just£2 hash tag to encourage your writer friends to donate to this cause.
We promise to keep you regularly updated about how your donations are helping children and communities in Africa.
African Revival’s mission is clear:
“At African Revival our vision is of an Africa where children have access to education, opportunity, and choice. We believe in the power of education to change lives. By building schools, training teachers, and overcoming barriers to education, we can help to break that cycle of poverty and offer inspiration and opportunity to Africa’s future generations. In just five years, we have touched the lives of an incredible 250,000 people.”
- Identifying and overcoming barriers to education
- Building schools and facilities for a thriving learning environment
- Delivering high quality educational models to achieve good standards of basic education
- Training and motivating teachers and pupils, to embed a love of learning for life
- Working in partnership with parents and communities to prioritise education for their children
- Supporting sustainability through a community led approach
Why African Revival?
Our founder Jacqui Lofthouse chose to support African Revival for several reasons. Firstly, she believes in the charity’s central purpose – that education transforms lives. “Education is the most powerful tool to achieve sustainable development in the world’s poorest countries. No country has ever achieved sustainable economic development without first having 50% of its population able to read and write.” This focus on literacy is of course a perfect match with the interests of our community members.
In addition, the charity is based close to Jacqui’s home, which means that she can develop an ongoing relationship with the charity director and staff. If we had supported a larger organisation it would be virtually impossible to keep track of how we have helped. But African Revival will provide clear feedback and we will see how our contribution has made a difference. This will be shared on a regular basis with members of the community.
To help African Revival:
You can help African Revival by:
- Visiting The Writing Coach Justgiving page. If every visitor to this site gave just £2 we would reach our goal within a few short months.
- Purchasing our eBook Get Black on White.
- Joining The Completion Club – your membership includes a regular monthly donation to African Revival.
- Tweeting this page or linking to this page on Facebook. Use the #just£2 hash tag to encourage your writer friends to donate to this cause.
Thank-you so much!