The Writing Coach is a trailblazing coaching organisation for writers. Founded by the novelist and coach Jacqui Lofthouse in 2005, The Writing Coach is unique in its emphasis on coaching and nurturing the individual writer.
We help writers develop solid working patterns with a focus on cultivating a writing life that can be sustained in the long term. If you’re serious about writing, then most likely you’re not in the business to write just one book. We support our writers as they build serious writing careers. We offer sound editorial guidance, but we can also help you with deeper issues, such as confidence and self-belief, and practical matters such as time management and productivity, marketing and self-promotion.
What we offer:
- Our blog features regular articles on the writing process, working habits, technique and getting published. Subscribe to the blog to be sure to receive each new post in your in-box.
- Our Newsletter is a free resource packed with advice, tips and encouragement. When you sign up to the newsletter you will automatically receive a copy of Jacqui’s ebook “Get Black on White”, a vital guide for any writer who wants to get confident and productive. It shows you how to cultivate sustainable working habits that will set you up for a successful writing life.
- We offer coaching and mentoring for writers at every stage of their career. We work internationally by telephone and have clients on four continents. We also offer life-coaching for writers.
- If you already have a manuscript and are seeking feedback, our Literary Consultancy service provides you with detailed editorial guidance and a full written report on your work.
- If you are looking to complete a writing project, our online membership group ‘The Completion Club’ is about to relaunch, with an emphasis on accountability and regular work.
- We offer advice on all aspects of the writing and publishing process – from how to write organically, how to structure your work, how to finish and how to attract the attention of agents and publishers.
- We offer guidance on self-publishing and ebook publishing and have strong links with the epublishing company Blackbird Digital Books, so we are fully abreast of new technological developments in the publishing world.
- Our founder is a published literary novelist who is also a fully qualified coach. We pride ourselves on taking a whole person approach to our clients. We are interested in writers, not just their work.
Want to get to know us better?