Imagine a community of writers, connected by their shared love of words and storytelling and their desire to bring their writing work confidently into the world.
The people in our community are united by their desire to become the best writers they can be. We attract writers who are curious, intelligent and insightful. Our conversations are powerful and thought-provoking.
We can’t wait to meet you in The Literary Community…
Who is it for?
Our members are writers at all stages of their writing journeys from those just thinking about writing a book to successful published authors.
You may recognise yourself here:
- You want to write a book, but don’t know where to start – it seems a huge undertaking and it’s difficult to have a clear sense of the path ahead.
- You are mid-way through a project, but you need the craft and the skill to feel confident you can complete it. You want to connect with others who have trod this path before you.
- You might be an experienced writer who needs a place where you can have intelligent and perceptive discussion about your work and you need to know more about marketing to be sure you can confidently take it out into the world.
- You need serious accountability on your writing journey. You’d love to have dedicated writing time each week.
- You are working alone on this writing project and to be honest, you could do with company! You’d love a safe space to be able to speak with other writers and to get advice when you need it.
We are a diverse, inclusive community and we welcome all writers. We also offer annual scholarships for under-represented writers – details will be posted here in early November.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this membership only for those who want to write a novel?
No, it’s aimed at anyone who wishes to complete a book, whether that’s a novel, a memoir, a non-fiction book, a collection of essays or poetry.
What level should I be at before joining?
The membership is suitable for all writers, from beginners to published authors. Our teaching caters for writers at all levels of their writing lives. We teach both foundational skills and advanced practices. You make progression through stages during your time with us and we take all our writers’ work seriously.
When do classes take place? How do I know if there are classes for my timezone?
Each month, a new timetable is announced and times are variable, so that people in all time zones are catered for. Each month there will be classes at 10am, 2pm and 8pm UK time. Write-ins are generally at 8am, 2pm or 6.30pm UK time.
How much time will I need each week to participate?
The Membership is self-paced. All calls are recorded so you can play them back at your own convenience. The weekly classes are one hour long and the optional weekly ‘write-ins’ are usually one hour although we also have a monthly two hour session. Your writing schedule remains entirely your own, but our membership opens up space for creative work in writers’ lives.
Will live sessions be recorded for replay?
Yes, all live classes will be uploaded for playback so you can watch the classes back in your own time.
What’s your refund policy?
Our monthly membership is set to auto-renew monthly for your convenience, and occurs each month on or very close to the original date of purchase. You can cancel your monthly membership at any time. Annual memberships are only refundable in the first month of membership. In order to get a refund, you need to show us that you have engaged with the community and completed the exercises.
How do I know if this course is right for me? I have a question that’s not here!
You can contact our Head of Client Services Jacqueline Smith on email@example.com with individual queries about the course.
Our Community is at the heart of all we do at The Writing Coach. The personal nature of our work with writers is entirely unique and as we grow, our aim is to continue to enable writers to feel valued as individuals and deeply supported in their work. We hope that you will choose to join us and become a member of our very special community of writers…