Our poetry coaches, Heidi Williamson and Julia Webb are ideally placed to guide you, whether you are a beginner to poetry writing or a published poet seeking career development and help with your latest collection. They can support you with feedback on the work, but also offer coaching on the broader aspects of the writing life.
Our Unique Offering:
We offer a tailored version of our ‘Full Mentor’ programme for poets and have designed a version of the programme specifically to suit the needs of those writing poetry.
This programme includes reading and full annotation of up to 20 pages of poetry. This can be submitted at the beginning or at any time during the coaching period for the three-month package. Our six month and one-year programmes include feedback on up to four extra poems a month, in addition to the initial 20 pages.
Your coach will make notes, consider your work, and give you in-depth editorial feedback during your calls. They will also return your manuscript with detailed notes. Coaching and mentoring is conducted by telephone or Zoom and includes ongoing email support between sessions. After each coaching session, you are invited to submit a Review Form to confirm your action plan.
In the one-year programme, we also build in a unique extra layer of work, not included in our other coaching programmes: an opportunity to resubmit the reworked 20 pages at the end of the process for further editorial feedback – all for the same price.
Our coaching can also address many areas of your life and your writing, including inspiration, motivation, writer’s block, productivity, time management, working methods, self-marketing, confidence, submissions and publishing.
Our coaching programmes include the opportunity for feedback on collections of work. We offer the opportunity to look at a larger volume of poetry than usual and this means that you can focus on building a body of work with the support of our coach/mentor.
All of our programmes include:
- Editorial feedback on a single batch of up to 20 pages of poetry (may be written over the 3 month period for the three month programme)
- One one-hour coaching session per month, taken by telephone or Zoom
- Email support between sessions
- Membership of The Writing Coach clients-only Facebook group
A six month programme includes:
All of the above plus:
- Your 20 poems read upfront prior to our first call
- Editorial feedback on 4 additional poems a month
- Additional half hour per month for editorial feedback discussions
- This equates to reading and annotation of around 44 pages of poetry
A twelve month programme includes:
All of the above, plus:
- The opportunity to resubmit 20 pages for editorial feedback at the end of the mentoring period
- This equates to reading and annotation of around 88 pages of poetry
All our prices are fully inclusive of VAT.